Pumakawa has received many recognitions and official awards.
Pumakawa was recognised by Jane Goodall in the Tapestry of Hope in the #COP21 (UN Framework Convention on Climate Change)
During the #COP21 Jane Goodall presented the “TAPESTRY OF HOPE”, an interactive map with thousands of projects R & S (Roots and Shoots) and Mission Blue around the world.
Pumakawa is among the points of hope in the world.
More information here
Declared to be of Interest in the Province
- By the Honourable Chamber of Representatives of the Nation
- By the Honourable Chamber of Senators of the Province of Córdoba
- Declared to be of Regional and Municipal Interest by the towns of Villa Rumipal, Villa del Dique, Embalse, Santa Rosa de Calamuchita, Río Cuarto, Río Tercero, General Deheza y La Cruz.
- Recognised by the Honourable Chamber of Senators of the Province of Córdoba
- Recognised with the “First Prize for Excellency” in 2002 by the Chamber of Tourism for the Province of Córdoba, for the protection of wild life.
- Recognised with a “Special Mention” in 2002 by the Chamber of Tourism for the Province of Córdoba, for the protection of wild life.
- Incorporated in the Registry of Native Wild Animals in the Zoological Establishments of the Republic of Argentina in 1998/1999.
- Registered with the Voluntary Firefighters of Villa del Dique and Villa Rumipal in 1998 because of the importance of the reserve.
- The prize for work in the environment, “Heroine 2011” to Kai Pacha for the example set by El Eden Flora and Fauna.
Coordination with different social organisations
- Creation of the Seed Bank of Native Trees with the collaboration of the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Food of the Province of Córdoba.
- Collaboration in the Environmental Area of the INADI, district of Córdoba.
- In the framework of the Forestation Law “My Province”, audiovisual support given with the production of the documentary ‘Roots’, designed to be educational for technical secondary schools.
- Production of the documentary ‘Breath’ with the collaboration of the Department of the Environment of the Province of Córdoba.
- Production of Workshops of Art and the Environment for children together with the Department of Culture of the Province of Córdoba.
- Collaboration with the Museum of Natural Science of the Province of Córdoba.
- Mutual aid agreement with the Catholic University of Córdoba.
- Mutual aid agreement with the University of Santiago del Estero.
- Mutual aid agreement with the University of Villa Maria.
- Mutual aid agreement with Jane Goodall’s programme ‘Roots and Shoots’, district of Córdoba.
- Mutual aid agreement with the Faculty of Agronomy of the UNC (National University of Córdoba).